The Senior Counsel, Physician Resources (PR)
The Senior Counsel, Physician Resources (PR) will function as the “General Counsel” to an assigned portfolio of PR markets. The position will advise PR regarding legal compliance with Stark, Anti-kickback, and various healthcare regulations impacted through physician employment, practice acquisitions and practice operations. Additionally, this person will provide legal advice regarding issues associated with operating physician practices.
The Senior Counsel, PR, will provide legal advice to the company’s PR executive teams on a wide variety of matters related to hospital operations including the review and analysis of all contractual arrangements/agreements between hospitals and other parties for compliance for Stark, anti-kickback and other fraud and abuse laws, HIPPAA, antitrust laws, risk management and any other regulatory requirements applicable to such arrangements.
The Senior Counsel will also be responsible for:
- Structuring and reviewing physician arrangements to comply with applicable laws.
- Reviewing and negotiating contractual arrangements with vendors, including outsourcing and clinical research agreements.
- Providing education and support on regulatory matters, adherence to company policy, alignment with company strategy and core values.
- Coordinating and collaboration with others in the Law Department and Home Office Departments to obtain input and approval of PR arrangements, provide company-wide advice in areas of individual specialty and develop policies and practices to facilitate the highest levels of legal and ethical performance.
- Collaborating as needed with hospital operations counsel, therefore, hospital operations experience is a plus.
- Providing training presentations to PR personnel on legal issues that pertain to physician practice operations.
Please contact Tracy Naftalis for more details either at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 214-706-9111.
- Wednesday, July 31:
- Saturday, September 28:
- Thursday, October 3:
- Wednesday, November 6:
- Thursday, November 7: