DAABA’s professional events, social activities, community service events and more are each organized by its committees. Each committee is led by two or more co-chairs who are guided by a Board of Director member who serves as a liaison to the committee. All DAABA members are encouraged to participate in one or more committees! Outside groups are also encouraged to contact our committee co-chairs to suggest activities or to explore sponsorship opportunities.
DAABA COMMITTEE DESCRIPTIONS
This committee organizes social events for its members, including the events listed below. If you are interested in getting involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Annual Lunar New Year Dinner
- Dragon Boat Races
- Games Night / Karaoke Night
- Past President / Alumni Appreciation Event
- Informal Happy Hours
- DAABA at NAPABA Happy Hour with other Texas Asian American Bar Association
This committee organizes events for members to directly benefit the community at large, including the events listed below. If you are interested in getting involved, please contact email@example.com.
- Participating in “DISD Law Day”
- Partnering with the Dallas Bar Association in Habitat for Humanity home builds
- Serving Breakfast at The Stewpot
- Attending legal clinics and accepting pro bono cases
- Co-sponsoring the first annual “Small Business Clinic” with the Dallas Young Lawyers Association, Dallas Hispanic Bar Association, Dallas Women Lawyers Association and JL Turner Bar Association
- Forming the “Voter Engagement Initiative” subgroup
This committee provides legal education and networking opportunities to members, including at least one or two unique CLE events. If you are interested in getting involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This committee assists our members in assembling award nominations for various legal recognitions. In addition, members of this committee work on our newsletter and website. If you are interested in getting involved, please contact email@example.com.
DAABA’s largest committee is in charge of putting together the annual Awards Night and Reception held each fall. The event is DAABA’s signature event, and it serves to honor and recognize various members, local community leaders, and young students for their outstanding achievements, as well as award scholarships to students. It also serves as an excellent networking opportunity – consistent with prior years, we expect a turnout of about 200, with the crowd consisting of DAABA members, law firm sponsors, corporate sponsors, judges, students and other legal professionals. If you are interested in getting involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This committee manages the investment of foundation funds, (ii) selects the distribution of scholarships at Awards Night and (iii) organizing events to connect senior members of DAABA with junior members to share experiences and to network (including “legacy lunches”). If you are interested in getting involved, please contact email@example.com.
- Wednesday, January 30:
- Wednesday, February 13: